How to Stop Sabotaging Yourself, Playing Small and Living a Life of Mediocrity
If you’ve got a big dream but are in fear about moving forward with it…
If you’re focused more on what you (or family and friends) think you “should” be doing rather than living the life your soul is calling you to…
If you find yourself stuck in a pattern of self-sabotage every time you start making progress…
If you have compromised your dreams and settled for something less than, and are now waking up with regret over the things you haven’t done and the life you haven’t lived…
Then this message is just for you. Here’s why…
There’s a way you can move forward in life, know what you’re capable of, fulfill your potential, and share your gifts so you feel contented and at peace.
If You Ignore It, It Just Gets Worse
What most people do when feeling stuck is
- put on a good face and pretend that everything’s ok, hoping that if they ignore the feelings, they’ll simply go away;
- spend money on “stuff” hoping it will help them feel better;
- spend time and energy doing things that don’t actually move them in the direction of their soul’s calling, just so they feel like they’re doing something, anything;
- try to push through the stuckness and figure it all out on their own;
- they don’t do anything because the dream or calling feels so big they don’t know where to start so they stay stuck in the overwhelm of it all.
But for most people, none of that works.
- The dream actually gets bigger the more you try to ignore or suppress it – what we resist, persists – because it’s trying to be birthed through you.
- New “stuff” might help you feel better temporarily, but ultimately that familiar, empty feeling returns.
- The primary problem is a limiting belief (or a set of them) that makes it feel like you’re stuck in tar every time you want to move forward.
- No one is holding the dream or vision with you, no one is supporting you and holding you accountable for the things you said you’d do, so you keep postponing actually doing anything.
- And finally, you probably end up with more regrets, maybe with a bit of shame mixed in, because you’re still not living your soul’s calling.
And what happens if you just do nothing? If you just keep doing what you’ve been doing? Every New Year’s Eve you look back at the previous year with regret over missed opportunities, no real accomplishments to speak of, and that familiar, empty feeling because you’re still not living the life you know you could have.
How I Stopped Dreaming About a Better Life and Started Living It
I’ve experienced the soul crushing monotony of jobs that didn’t feed or sustain me at the deepest levels of my being. Sure, they paid well. And were the types of jobs that I “should” have given my Wharton MBA. And something was missing.
My analytical left brain argued valiantly for why this was the right path for me, while my soul longed for more. Fear, doubt and worry were constant, albeit unwelcome, companions as an internal debate raged within me on my “right” path.
I worked even harder at my job, hoping that feeling of emptiness would just go away. The internal conflict became so great that I physically made myself sick and ended up in the hospital for the first time in my adult life.
I knew there had to be a better way, and that this was a call to live the life my soul was calling me to. I had to tackle
- all of my limiting beliefs around what I “should” be doing with my life;
- my doubts, and those of family members, about my pursuing a non-traditional path;
- the limiting beliefs about whether I could do this successfully;
- the fear of failure (What if I do try this and my family was right?);
- and other doubts (What if I heard wrong? What if no one wants what I have to offer? What if I’m not good enough?).
In the process of going deeper into all of that, I was able to move through the blocks, fears and doubts so I could move forward. I finally surrendered to what my soul had been calling me to do – to help others recognize their divine nature, unleash their awesome, and share their gifts with the world.
It Worked For Others, And It Will Work For You
I went from being unhappy and unfulfilled, ignoring the call of my inner wisdom, and feeling like I was just going through the motions in life, to living more intentionally, loving what I do and truly feeling like I am living my purpose. And it’s not just me.
“In the past I worked with people who promised big results but never delivered. When I met Sumaiya, it was like “bang, we’re in action.” Sumaiya helped me identify and move through areas which were holding me back. She has a wonderful ability to cut through blockages, which to me was one of the most powerful aspects of working with her. She supported me in getting clear about what I wanted, and then helped me take action to manifest it.
“The great thing is that there was never a bit of “pull” to it; I never felt like she was slave driving or that I was letting her down by not showing up with what needed to be done right away. Sumaiya was patient, and yet always maintained the expectation that I would get where I needed to be. I never felt any judgment, just total acceptance and her unwavering belief that I would complete what I needed to. Sometimes it felt as if she believed in me more than I believed in myself.”
~Janet Pullen, California
“I spent a good amount of time seeking for the right person who could assist me in my growing journey and after a long quest, I am happy I was able to come across Sumaiya. I strongly recommend her to anyone who’s ready to tackle those limiting habits and self sabotaging acts we all do. She is very good at what she does. Her sessions are on target and very enriching and insightful; she is professional, very skilled, talented intuitive and grounded. I highly recommend her.”
Turn Things Around in Your Complimentary Coaching Session
In your complimentary 45-minute Unleash Your Awesome coaching session, you’ll
- Create a crystal clear vision of the life you’d like to experience
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be blocking your success
- Leave the session renewed, reenergized and inspired to take action
When you’re bringing all of you to your life, the fullness of your gifts and talents without your stuff getting in the way, everyone around you will notice the difference. You’ll feel the inspiration to play bigger, the power of living on purpose, and the joy, satisfaction and fulfillment of sharing your gifts with the world.
Your first step to living your soul’s calling can begin with this complimentary 45-minute session.
It’s Decision Time
You have a choice to make: Do what you’ve been doing (or worse, do nothing at all). You know where that will lead. Missed opportunities. Mountains of regret.
Is that really where you want to go?
It’s time to take a new action, and get a new result.
Get clarity on your path, insights into the challenges that have blocked you in the past, and the inspiration to move forward.